Inviting applications for a PhD position in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications in space
Due to increased human activity in the last two decades, the near-earth space is becoming congested from functional/non-functional satellites and space debris. These space objects of human origin along with natural asteroids and space weather possess natural, accidental or intentional threats to the functional and expensive satellites.
The successful candidate will participate in developing state-of-the-art AI algorithms for risk assessment and mitigation for active satellites from space debris and contribute towards India’s self-reliance in risk assessment for space assets by providing operationally flexible, scalable, transparent and indigenous collision probability solution. For further details email to Dr. Sanat K Biswas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in ECE, CSE, Aerospace Engineering or related field with CGPA >= 7.5
- Good written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Knowledge about linear algebra, vector calculus, state space methods, stochastic process
- Proficient in Linux, MATLAB, and Python
- Maximum age limit – 35 years
- Rs. 31,000/- (+ HRA) for CSIR-UGC Net (Assistant Professorship)/ GATE qualified candidate
- Rs. 26,000/- (+ HRA) for others